Show # 1 Why is “Work” a Dirty Word?
- The Sitting Disease - here is a great, free infographic http://www.juststand.org/tabid/674/language/en-US/default.aspx
- Resources for research on stress: The American Institute of Stress, The Institute of Heartmath (see Show
#2 for website link).
- Infections, colds and flu caused by stress: Flourish by Martin E Seligman, Free Press/Simon & Schuster, Inc., 2011.
- Gallup Polling on Employee Engagement http://www.gallup.com/poll/188144/employee-engagement-stagnant-2015.aspx
- The Economist - 84% of leaders want to get rid of disengagement
“Re-Engaging with Engagement: Views from the boardroom on employee engagement”, ©The Economist Intelligence Unit,
- Machine Model and Living Systems - check out Frderick LaLoux's great book, the illustrated version is a quick read and an excellent introduction.
Reinventing Organizations http://www.reinventingorganizations.com
- Patrick Lencioni, The Five Dysfunctions of Teams https://www.tablegroup.com/store/
Show #2 Employees – How We Got Here and What You Can Do About It
- Biophilic Space Design - here are some great resources to learn more about
biofilic design: International Living Futures Institute https://living-future.org/biophilic-design/, Terrapin
Bright Green architects https://www.terrapinbrightgreen.com/publications/
Frederick Taylor, "Industrial era theory of management that has become the
business norm and is still prominent today.” Scientific Management. New York: Harper Brothers; 1911.
John Broadus Watson, Psychological Care of Infant and Child. New York: W.W. Norton Company, 1928.
Sir Ken Robinson is an internationally acclaimed educator who has exposed the "factory" structure and function of education as a tool to produce obedient
workers for the industrial system. Enjoy this short, RSA Animate video "Changing Education Paradigms"
Robinson also wrote the book. Out of our Minds: Learning to be Creative,
Capstone Publishing Ltd., 2001, 2011. In this, he debunks the IQ test as the only valid measure of intelligence.
Michael Meade - finding your genius - http://www.mosaicvoices.org
- Jon Cabot Zinn and MBSR - https://www.umassmed.edu/cfm/mindfulness-based-programs/mbsr-courses/about-mbsr/history-of-mbsr/
- Institute of HeartMath - https://www.heartmath.org
- Brene Brown, Daring Greatly http://brenebrown.com
Plus, here is her wonderful TED talk that has been watched by 31 million people! https://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability
- Non-Violent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg, http://www.cnvc.org
- Self-Determination - E Deci & R Ryan at the University of Rochester http://selfdeterminationtheory.org
Show #3 - Leadership and the Use of Power
Show #4 - Tools and Techniques